* Our goal is to teach you how to eat healthy as a lifestyle by making better food choices and monitoring your portion sizes. Below are some examples of calories but you do not have to count calories all the time to lose weight. *
- The calories you intake must be equal and definitely not more than the calories you burn throughout the day in order to lose weight
- Be careful not to go so low on calories that you stop your fat burning capabilities - if your body runs out of carbohydrates it stops burning fat - it uses proteins
- Eat five or more small meals daily - some meals may be just a snack - eating more often raises your metabolism
- Drink lots of water daily - about 8 - 8 ounce glasses or more - critical to any health program
- A good balance of nutrition, cardio, and weight training is essential for maintaining a fit and healthy body
- When you balance all three of these disciplines, you can make it easier to maintain
- Nutrition is the most important of the three
- The calories types are carbohydrates, proteins, and fats
- Calorie - gram conversions are: for every gram of carbohydrates = 4 calories, proteins = 4 calories, and fats = 9 calories (actually they are kilocalories, but for practical purposes
- The most recommended combinations are: 55-65% carbohydrates, 15-30% protein, no more than 30% fat or 10-30% fat (based on calories not grams) - beginners should start with these recommendations - these combinations are the best for overall health
- Carbohydrates - pasta, rice, bread, oatmeal, grits, fruits, beans, most cereal, bagels, muffins, pancakes, waffles, potatoes, crackers, pretzels, sugars (not recommended), etc.
- Proteins - meats, poultry, pork, eggs, soy, whey, beans, protein powders, etc.
- Fats - mostly found in animal products, oils, shortening, butter, margarine, mayonnaise, etc.
- Your body has to adjust to the changes you are making - just like your mind - after you and your body adjusts your results come faster
- Persistence and consistency pay off - stick with it - it gets easier the longer you persevere
Samantha Taylor - Health & Fitness Expert, Certified Personal Trainer, Life Coach & Professional Speaker
* Your Information is Confidential. *
Free 15 minute workout